Taco-bout an Easy Taco Day Recipe
Once you realize how easy it is to make yourself this crunchy and delicious fast-food fave, you’ll wonder why you ever bothered with the drive-thru in the first place! This recipe simplifies the ingredients you’ll need and even explains how to fold a tortilla like a pro.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 6 extra-large flour tortillas
- 6 tostada shells
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1 (15 oz) jar of queso
- Cooking spray
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble the ground beef over medium heat until it’s no longer pink. Drain the grease.
- Mix taco seasoning into the ground beef and let simmer.
- Warm queso in the microwave, in a microwave-safe bowl, for 30 seconds and set aside.
- Put one flour tortilla on a plate and spread 2–3 tbsp of queso in the middle of the tortilla, followed by ½ cup ground beef. Then place a tostada shell on top of the ground beef and top it all off with sour cream, lettuce, tomato and shredded cheese.
- Begin folding your extra-large flour tortilla up over the tostada and all of the fillings — this will create folds as you go around. Repeat until the tortilla has fully encased the tostada and all of the fillings.
- Wipe down the skillet you used to cook the ground beef, spray it with cooking spray and place the tortilla-wrapped goodness, folds-side down, onto the skillet. Cook for 2–3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Repeat steps 4–6 for the remaining 5 tortillas.
If you make this recipe, you might want to check out our 1.9 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range Microwave with Sensor Cooking. With the auto adapt fan there’s no need to worry about a stuffy kitchen.
To learn how all of our microwaves can help you cook between commercial breaks, click here.