Santa Claus Is Coming to Dinner
Prep Time: 5 mins
Assembly Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Yield: 12 santas
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces whipped cream or whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
1. Hull (remove the green tops from) the strawberries and stand them up. A paring knife works best for this.
2. Slice the tip off each strawberry to make the hat. Set aside.
3. Here’s where the artistry comes in. Spoon whipped cream onto the strawberry base to make the face and beard.
4. Put Santa’s hat on and use a toothpick to give it a whipped cream pom-pom.
5. Use a toothpick to give Santa’s suit two whipped cream buttons.
6. Use two sprinkles for eyes.
Santa’s a little sloppy? All is not lost! You can use these same ingredients to create a strawberry whipped cream — and you can even add some red food coloring to keep it festive.
• Failed santas
• Optional: Red food coloring
1. Dismantle sloppy Santas.
2. Mash strawberries with a fork.
3. Add strawberries and red food coloring to whipped cream. Mix in, being careful not to over-whip.
Scoop some on top of ice cream or cakes, serve it as a dip with cookies or graham crackers, or just dig in with a spoon.
Keep your treats cold in a brand-new® Amana® refrigerators.