Meal Hack: The Walking Taco
The infamous meal hack goes by many names, The Walking Taco, Taco in a Bag, Taco To-Go. The name’s not super important, though, because it’s simply fantastic. And its benefits are four-fold:
- It’s fun
- It’s easy
- It cuts down on dirty dishes
- It’s delicious
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 4 (2.5 ounce) packages corn chips
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 chopped fresh tomato
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Place ground beef in a large skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until browned.
- Drain excess oil and mix in the taco seasoning.
- BEFORE you open the bags. Crush up corn chips the chips inside. (Make sure you enjoy this, because it’s kind of fun.)
- Use a scissors to cut the bag. Depending on preference, you can cut along the top or the side.
- Allow the beef mixture to cool, then spoon equal amounts of the beef, lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream into the bags on top of the crushed chips.
Top with your favorite hot sauce and eat right out of the bag!