DIY: Rudolph the Cabernet-Nosed Reindeer
Looking for a quick and easy DIY holiday gift? Our cork reindeer ornament is perfect for any crafter — novice or expert. Craft an entire team of reindeer and pass them out to coworkers, or set them up on your dinner table to add a little holiday flair!
- Hot glue gun
- Crafting knife or similar sharp implement
- Small, thin twig
- Small, red bead or red puffball
- 2 corks
- Thin wire (optional)
- Mini-bell (optional)
- Gather 2 corks, one for the head and one for the body.
- Mark and cut holes for your reindeer legs, neck and tail in one cork, and holes for the neck and antlers in the other cork.
- From the twig, cut four even pieces for the legs, two pieces for the antlers, and two smaller sections for the neck and tail.
- Help Rudolph walk by applying glue to the four leg holes and inserting the twigs you’ve cut for the legs. Hold Rudolph’s head high by applying glue to both neck holes and inserting the twig you’ve cut for the neck. Finally, apply glue to the holes for the antlers and tail and insert the twigs you’ve cut for those respective parts. By now your creation should be coming together nicely and taking the shape of a reindeer.
- Rudolph is going to need a nose — so grab a small, red bead (or little, red puffball) and glue that right on the end of his cork snout.
- If you’ve got more corks to spare, make Rudolph some friends!
- If you’re feeling fancy, string a little bell along a thin piece of wire and tie it around Rudolph’s neck.
With all the money you’ll save DIYing holiday gifts, why not treat yourself to a new refrigerator? Click here to shop our entire line of refrigerators.