Visions of Candy Canes Will Dance in Their Heads
Cookie exchanges are possibly the best and worst thing to happen around the holidays.
On the one hand you’ve got a table of cookies to sample, but on the other hand, you actually have to make something to participate in the exchange. Well, never fear, because these dipped-in-peppermint cookies are easy to make and sure to please!
You might never be able to compete with Carol’s homemade gingersnap cookies (she uses real ginger *eye roll*), but these are simple, delicious and guarantee your involvement in the cookie-eating festivities.
- 1 roll store-bought sugar cookie dough
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 tiny, crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350° and turn on some holiday tunes — yes, we’re serious.
- Cut ¼” thick slices of cookie dough and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then bake for 10–12 minutes.
- While the cookies bake, place the white chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a small bowl and microwave on 50% power for 2–3 minutes until chocolate is smooth.
- Let the cookies cool. Then dip them into the melted chocolate and place back onto the parchment paper before immediately sprinkling with crushed candy canes.
Done! You might even feel the urge to call yourself Mrs. Claus — we fully support that.