Shark Bait, Overboard!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, for shark fanatics, that is. A week of nothing but the fiercest aquatic predators — 7 days full of seemingly endless rows of teeth! Entertaining, educational and sometimes even a little funny, this is the time of year you strap in and prepare for nonstop, bloody, oceanic predator horror — until you realize you’ve worked up a Great White-sized appetite for something tasty to snack on.
Time’s a tickin’, commercial break’s almost over — what do you make? You’re in luck, because we’re drawn to quick and easy recipes like a shark to…well, you know.
What You’ll Need
- One 1 oz packet of Ranch seasoning mix
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Dash of paprika
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- One 9 oz bag oyster crackers
- One 9 oz bag cheddar fish-shaped crackers
- One gallon-sized resealable plastic bag
- Sheet pan
- Small mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Combine oil, Ranch, garlic salt, Parmesan and dash of paprika in small bowl.
- Pour oyster and fish-shaped crackers in resealable plastic bag, and add oil mixture to the bag. Seal and shake until coated.
- Spread coated crackers onto an ungreased sheet pan and bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Dump into a bowl of your choice and get back to the tube. Those sharks aren’t going to watch themselves!
Shark Fact: Some sharks need to swim constantly to keep oxygen-rich water filtering through their gills. Make like a shark and move around a bit (you don’t even need to get off the couch) to keep oxygen flowing through your gills — er, bloodstream.
And if you need a range that can keep up with your most intense feeding frenzy (and looks good, too), check out our lineup here.