Pumpkin Pie, Minus the Pie
Why spend hours on a pie the family will devour in minutes? This year, bring a delicious twist to a Thanksgiving classic — pumpkin hand pies.
- 1 can pre-made croissant dough
- ½ cup canned pumpkin pie filling (not canned pumpkin puree)
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or maple syrup
- Optional: whipped cream and chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Combine the pumpkin pie filling, egg yolk and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Bust open that can of croissants, carefully separating each one, and place them onto the parchment paper.
- Dollop 1 tbsp of the prepared pumpkin pie mixture onto each croissant and roll ’em up.
- Pop those babies in the oven and bake for 7–8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the croissants are baking in the oven, make the vanilla or maple sugar glaze. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners sugar, butter, and vanilla or maple syrup. Whisk in half of the milk and then, depending on how thin you want the glaze, add the other half of the milk. Set aside.
- Once the croissants have cooled slightly, drizzle the vanilla/maple glaze over each pumpkin hand pie!
- Optional step: Top each hand pie with a dollop of whipped cream and chopped pecans, if you’re feeling extra fancy.