Mug Cookie Sundae: 60 Seconds to Sweet
First best thing about this masterpiece of a mug cookie sundae? It takes just minutes to make — in the microwave! Second best thing? You don’t have to share (or be tempted by an entire batch of cookies staring you in the face). Why else would we make it in a mug?! Third best thing? It perfectly combines hot and cold, sweet and salty, crunchy and smooth for a well-balanced flare of flavor.
Decadent and indulgent is the only way to describe this killer dessert. Are you ready for this?
- 6 or 8 oz. mug
- 1 tbsp butter or cooking spray
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt
- A handful of chocolate chips, regular size or mini (optional)
- A scoop (or two) of your favorite ice cream
- Additional toppings, including whipped cream, chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, salted peanuts, sprinkles, maraschino cherries, etc. (optional)
- Lightly coat the inside of the mug with butter or a spritz of cooking spray.
- Mix the egg yolk, brown and granulated sugars, and salt right inside the mug. Then slowly stir in the flour and top with chocolate chips (if you want that extra chocolatey pop).
- Microwave for 60 seconds. It might look undercooked, but if the top of the cookie is a light golden color and gently springs back to the touch, you’re golden! Resist the urge to zap it again; overcooking will make it tough and dry.
- Top with your fave ice cream. And if you really want to go the extra mile, finish it off with all the goodies — or with anything you can rummage up in your refrigerator!
It’s seriously that easy. So the next time you’re craving something warm and chewy, curl up with this sinfully delicious mug cookie sundae for a sinfully delicious binge sesh in front of the TV.