Easy Ice Cube Tray Chocolates
You don’t need to be a professional chocolatier to make these ice cube tray stuffed chocolates. In fact, you probably have all of the ingredients to make them right in your pantry. Just grab a big ol’ chocolate bar (or bag of chocolate chips), peanut butter, nuts, marshmallows, bananas or, any candy you’ve got lying around, and you’re good to go!
Follow the recipe below to melt Mom’s heart this Mother’s Day!
- Cooking spray
- Medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl
- Ice cube tray
- Plate for serving
- 2 large bars of chocolate, or 2 cups of chocolate chips
- Desired candy, nut, nut butter, fruit, marshmallow fillings
- Grab your chocolate and toss it into the microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave the chocolate in 30-second intervals until totally melted (stir between each interval) — should take about 90 seconds, depending on your microwave, until chocolate is smooth.
- Coat your ice cube tray with some cooking spray, but not too much. A good sweep or two of spray should do it.
- Take your chocolate and pour it into each ice cube slot. Tilt the tray from side to side to make sure all surfaces are coated with the melted chocolate.
- Place the chocolate-lined ice cube tray in the freezer for 2 minutes to harden. Meanwhile, cut your desired filling into pieces small enough to fit into the slots.
- Remove your ice cube tray from the freezer and fill with desired goodies.
- Take your leftover melted chocolate (reheat if it has solidified) and pour a layer of chocolate over the top of each slot.
- Place back in the freezer for 1 hour. Once hardened, remove from ice cube tray as you would ice cubes, and put onto a plate for serving.
Does Mom like cupcakes, too? Then she’ll love these Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes.