Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes: Second Time’s the Charm
The moral of this story is “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.” We had high hopes for these cupcakes to turn out right the first time. But then we added too much batter and frosted them before they cooled. Big mistakes! Still delicious, but not too pretty to look at.
Give this recipe a shot and see if you can nail our fail.
- 1 box of favorite cake mix
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 24 flat-bottomed ice cream cones
- Muffin tin (holds 12 cupcakes)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix and ½ cup cold water in medium-sized mixing bowl. Beat 2 minutes.
- Mix in eggs, 3 tbsp water, vanilla and oil. Beat for another minute.
- Place ice cream cones in muffin tin and secure in place with a nickle-sized ball of tinfoil between each cone and the tin. Once secured, fill each cone ½ – ¾ full with batter.
- Bake 20 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
- Let cool for 10–15 minutes. Then frost, sprinkle and top with a cherry. Enjoy!
It’s not a complete fail when you add a scoop of your favorite ice cream on top!