Cauliflower Buffalo Bites
You’re still holding on to your new year’s resolutions, right? But with game day right around the corner, the pressure to jump off the healthy train and dive headfirst into some buffalo wings is stronger than ever. If you want to eat healthier this year but still join in the game-day celebration, we’ve got the perfect recipe for you! It’s buffalo wings, minus the wings.
All of the spicy goodness you love about traditional buffalo wings, but less than half the calories. Plus, they’re really easy to make!
- 1 head of cauliflower
For the Batter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup water
- A dash of your favorite buffalo sauce
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp dried onion
For the Buffalo Sauce
- ¼ cup your favorite buffalo sauce
- 3 tbsp salted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and coat with nonstick spray.
- Rinse clean the head of cauliflower and remove the individual florets. Discard the green stem and leaves.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all of the batter ingredients. It’s going to be thick, so don’t worry — you’re doing great!
- Roll up your sleeves, because it’s going to get a little messy! Dip each floret into the batter until it’s coated in orange, fluffy goodness. Space the coated florets out on the baking sheet in one even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the batter becomes firm and slightly browned.
- While the florets bake, mix up the buffalo sauce and butter in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove florets from the oven and brush with buffalo sauce mix. Make sure to coat each floret completely.
- Place the coated florets back into the oven for another 5–7 minutes, until the sauce has hardened and the florets are crisp. Let the buffalo bites cool; then grab your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!